State Route – 1 (Lincoln Blvd) Multi-modal Improvement Project
Project Location Map
Description of the Project
The Project proposes to widen Lincoln Boulevard for about 0.61 miles between Jefferson Boulevard (PM 30.16) and Fiji Way (PM 30.74). The proposed Project includes widening of Lincoln Boulevard between Jefferson Boulevard and Fiji Way, replacing the existing Lincoln Boulevard Bridge over Ballona Creek, replacing and widening of the existing Culver Bridge over Lincoln Boulevard, and reconstructing the existing Culver Boulevard/Lincoln Boulevard interchange. The Culver Boulevard Bridge will be replaced and widened to accommodate additional bike lanes and a sidewalk while maintaining the existing two travel lanes.
Two Build Alternatives and a No Build Alternative are being proposed:
- Alternative 1 would generally shift the entire alignment of Lincoln Boulevard and the Lincoln Boulevard Bridge to the east. The existing Lincoln Boulevard within the Project limits and Culver Boulevard Inter-change would be realigned to the east, and Culver Boulevard Bridge would be replaced and widened on both east and west sides. The new Lincoln Boulevard Bridge would meet California Department of Transportation seismic design criteria and will provide three lanes in each direction, a sidewalk, and a bicycle lane on both east and west sides of the bridge. Alternative 1 would provide connection to Ballona Creek bike trail.
- Alternative 2 would generally maintain the existing Lincoln Boulevard alignment by widening the road on both east and west sides. Alternative 2 would replace and widen the Lincoln Boulevard Bridge to three lanes in each direction. The existing Lincoln Boulevard and Culver Interchange would be realigned and shifted to the east. Similarly to Alternative 1, Alternative 2 would replace and widen Culver Bridge for an additional bike lane and a sidewalk while maintaining the existing one-vehicle lane configuration in each direction. Alternative 2 would not provide connection to Ballona Creek bike trail.
- No Build Alternative would not propose any improvements to the existing Lincoln Boulevard alignment.
Stay Connected and Informed
Throughout the project, the Department of Transportation will be gathering public input to better understand your issues and concerns. Public outreach will be conducted with the purpose of providing project updates, educating the community and soliciting feedback. Community input is a critical part of this project and your input is encouraged. If you have any questions at this time, please use the following contact information.
Caltrans District 7,
Scoping Meeting Information
At this time, a scoping meeting is being prepared for the State Route – 1 (Lincoln Blvd) Multi-modal Improvement Project. Information about date, time and location can be found below:
|Date:||March 28th, 2018|
|Time:||6:00 – 8:00 PM|
|Location:||Westchester Municipal Building Community Room
7166 W Manchester Ave,
Los Angeles, CA 90045
District 7 Links
- District 7 Home Page
- Real-Time Traffic
- Press Releases
- Environmental Documents
- District 7 Blog
- District 7 YouTube Channel
- Divisions | Executive Biographies
- Outside Agencies
- Small Business Outreach Program
- Early Education Center - Infant, toddler and pre-school care facility.
- Contact District 7
- Contact Caltrans