Rest Area Usage Policy
The Department of Transportation's Rest Areas are a stopping place for your relaxation. Please help us keep them pleasant by using them as they are intended and by being considerate of others.
Remember, by staying too long, you will be in the way of someone else who needs to stop. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Park in any designated parking place
- Stay up to 8 hours in any 24 hour period.
- Walk your pet, as long as it is on a leash.
- Place your litter only in trash receptacles.
- Dump sanitary wastes from RV holding tanks and portable devices at designated dump stations.
- Use small stoves and heaters (except on wood tables) if you do it safely.
- Engage in some nonprofit activities, with The Department of Transportation's permission. (The Department's permission does not indicate sponsorship).
You May Not:
- Block vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
- Camp or pitch a tent.
- Park, to do something away from the rest area such as hike, camp or hunt.
- Use a megaphone, loudspeaker or other sound amplifying device.
- Use The Department of Transportation's water, electricity or gas for unauthorized use.
- Sell or publicize your private goods or services.
- Put anything on walls or plants.
Violators of these rules will be cited by a California Peace Officer.